Tuesday, November 06, 2007

 
in case you weren't paying attention:

Crazy Judge Gets It Wrong

From Ren:

See, if I take my car to get repaired and I drive off without paying the mechanic, THAT is theft of services. If I pull a gun on the mechanic, beat him, force him to repair my friend’s cars, then it becomes robbery with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, and assault with a deadly weapon. Oh yeah, and if I force him to have sex with me, its RAPE…even if he was hittin’ on me earlier.

or, if you like, more here:

Supporting sex worker rights is essential to fighting rape. As long as there is a class of women considered “bad” and somehow deserving of rape, all women, sex workers and non sex workers suffer. NO ONE chooses to be raped. The need for society to respect a woman’s right to choose, to consent, or not to as it comes to sex, regardless of how she dresses, what time she is outside, where she is walking, who she is with, and what she does for work, is a social necessity that we all must stand together for. Ending social views that deem some women as bad and deserving of rape is essential.

don't know what else to say - seems pretty obvious to me, really. but I suppose to some folks, speaking up for the victim in this case, and against the judge, is too close to speaking up for prostitutes in general.

sad.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?