Thursday, February 08, 2007

 
Is your iPod bored? listless? lacking in pep? looking for some new, hip tunes?

well, look no further! Ladies and Gentlemen, I am proud to present:

(drumroll please)

Thaddeus Black!

comprising a handsome and enthusiastic drummer, a swoony soulful lead singer, a bass player unknown to me but bearing the marquee-ready first name "Breck", and our resident guitar hero and occasional commenter AdequateDer.

I think they're pretty cool. and very non-commercial. you should listen to them right away.

why am I making such a fuss?

Here's why - my own dear husband is producing their record. Which is awesome - except he's never home anymore. It's quite an undertaking, apparently. he's off in the studio, messing around with buttons and knobs and dials and little fiddly things and bossing all the sounds around. He's pretty good at it.

he's getting all "fifth beatle" on me and is never home for dinner.

But though I am just a teensy bit lonely, I am very proud of him and his work on this project. The project is moving forward nicely and it's time to start to introduce Thaddeus Black to the world.

So, world, please feel free to comment on the songs as the spirit moves you. Good feedback is essential at this stage in the game - and by "good" I do not necessarily mean "approving". I really mean "thorough" and "constructive" and "specific".

If the lyrics happen to speak to you on a deeply emotional level, please - say so.

if they leave you going "was that supposed to be funny?" or "was that supposed to be funny?" you can say that too.

If you find some instrumental piece to be just breathtakingly transcendent, be sure to mention it.

if you find that certain moments just ain't your bag, baby, be sure to mention that too.

Who knows - they could be the next big thing! And you could say you dug them back before it was cool!

so get out there and indie up your iPod! stick it to da man!

Comments:
So Fred talked to you too? Can I use

"Thaddeus Black comprising a handsome and enthusiastic drummer, a swoony soulful lead singer, a bass player unknown to me but bearing the marquee-ready first name "Breck", and our resident guitar hero and occasional commenter Mr. Anander."

as a quote from experienced music listener and blogger antiprincess for a blog post on my myspace, and possibly a few adds I'm createing that fred mentioned to me?
 
maybe. let me think on it.
 
I'd buy it.

Loving those bass riffs.

How do you download from MySpace to your iPod?
 
well...ap...did you think on it?
 
Witchy - thanks so much!

I will pass that along.

ashamed to say that I have no idea how to do the whole "download" thing.

I think there is a new song up.
 
FS201 - no, I don't think so. it's not really a review.

I can write a review if you'd like, but that's not it.
 
A more serious listening....

Ok. Listening to Sevilla now.

Loving the Spanish Classical intro.

The rest follows nicely.

Shades of The Eagles in the delivery?

Break a bit spacey - not sure it fits.

Nice lyrics!

Tight band.

Movie.

Oooooh I love understated moody guitar.

Lyrics delivery a tad intense to start with...now he's singing...yay!

Nice.

Tight band.

Easy mix.

Album track? I think so.

Send My Regards

Good'n'grungy.

Hey....I'm head bangin'

There are some wonderful musical sublties...

I'd go for Sevilla as a chart intoduction.


Well.....you wanted muso opinions. I gottem.
 
witchy - thanks TONS. much appreciated.

I guess they're re-recording the drums today.
 
ap...a review by you would be cool
 
Um, yeah. There went like, two hours for me. I'm officially addicted.
 
Thanks, Jack! are you able to specifically put your finger on what you like, or are you just generally starstruck?

;)

the more specific you can be about what you like (and what leaves you cold) the better it is.
 
You know where you just want to keep repeating every single song, and you tune out everything for way too damn long? Yeah, that's what happened for me. I'm not sure what it is, but then again, that's the way it is for most everything. I'm going to listen closer when I get a chance.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?