Wednesday, September 06, 2006

 
So, Hexy said:

What 4 blogs are you tagging with this meme and why?
Anyone reading this who has an E in their first name.


Of course, she means my fabulous self. Me, Heidi.

Why do you blog?

people ask my husband all the time "why do you play guitar?" he answers them "why don't you?"

I could say the same, I guess.

More seriously - I've deluded myself into thinking I have a lot to say that's of vital importance to the rest of the world, and a blog is a great place to indulge that delusion. It allows me to fully explore and fully realize my exaggerated sense of self-importance with absolutely no restrictions of time, space or quality.

That and it allows me to interact with people without worrying that I smell funny or have spinach in my teeth. It's just enough human contact to satisfy the need for human contact, at a distance great enough to prevent the bowel-loosening panic I feel at the prospect of human contact.

Because I'm really shy. If I didn't have to go to work I might never even leave the house.

Some days I think I may be playing some weird humiliation game with myself and the rest of the world. Maybe I should get that checked out by a professional of some kind...

How long have you been blogging?

Five or six months.

Self-Portrait:

I posted one a while ago. I guess I'll post the same one again. it's a rerun.




Why do readers read your blog?

Oh, they come for the teapot tempests, but they stay for the schadenfreude! I wonder if people tune in just to see whether I've finally succeeded in constructing a post so monumentally dumb that it causes the entire blogosphere to cave in on itself in a great big black hole of stupid.

What was the last search phrase someone used to get to your site?

Huh. Don't know. I've never bothered to check. if I could remember how to use the site meter I'd have some sort of answer, I suppose. Of course, that assumes I was ever able to get the site meter to work in the first place.

Which of your entries unjustly gets too little attention?

Hexy said it best: "I think they all get a bit more than they deserve. *grin*"
I can't improve on that.

Your current favorite blog?

Wow. Well, I have lots of favorites. I can't pick just one. it's like picking your favorite child, or your BEST best friend. Seriously, what kind of question is that?

(yeah, I'm an emoblogger. wanna make something of it?)

What blog did you read most recently?

Hexy's, duh.

Which feeds do you subscribe to?

What's a feed?

What blogs are you tagging with this meme and why?

AdequateDer, Belledame, Amber, EL, Jean, Kristin

because I dig them. They're some of my pals. I like to know what they think. And I think they'll feel happy that they were tagged. I always feel all warm and fuzzy when someone tags me or links to me. And I'm intrigued to learn whom they might tag, and follow those links, and discover someone new.

Comments:
Done!
 
Done some more
 
you guys rock.
 
I gave you the Homer d'oh! When I read I'd been tagged, but it did make me feel all special-like. Thank you. Results to follow. And AP~ I liked your answers. Frank and funny. Power on, mamacita.
 
what can I say, kristin - people who throw words like "hagiography" around in their casual conversations deserve what they get.
 
A little extra done and you get two! that's right, two! posts in one. There's no photo for the self portrait because @&$*&^$! Blogger says nein.
 
How does this tagging thing work, anyways? I am, at the top of my lungs, making a plea for help that should once and for all prove my idiocy. It seems to require "hyperlinking,", I guess, but I cannot make this happen...
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
I'm a dork. Anyway, Ad:

For eg, to link here, type in:

[a href="http://feet2thefire.blogspot.com"]Antiprincess[/a]

It shows up as "Antiprincess" hyperlinkytized. BUT replace the brackets with < instead of [ and > instead of ], respectively. I didn't want to acutally put a link in, which I did in my previous comment.
 
In other words:


<a href="http://feet2thefire.blogspot.com">Antiprincess</a>

Hooray for encoding special characters!
 
I like Fruity Pebbles.

I'll get an eight-year-old to demonstrate for me. I'm still totally lost.
 
I can show you some night when you drop by.

don't worry.

it's not at all intuitive until you actually see it done. you're not stupid - just unfamiliar.
 
D'oh! will do shortly.
 
p.s. that is the best photo ever.
love it.
 
(blush)

I had just finished at the groomer's on this cruise ship. That's as pretty as I'll ever get.

I am watching my husband play the guitar in the ship's so-called "talent" show. he crushed 'em.

this photo catches me in the act of being appropriately worshipful.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?